We are HealthTech Ireland (“HealthTech Ireland”, “we”, “us”, “our”) – the representative body for health technology suppliers in Ireland.
HealthTech Ireland fully respects your right to privacy and treats all personal information with the appropriate standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation. The purpose of this policy is to inform you of the data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with this website and the uses including disclosures to third parties that we make of such data, in accordance with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation and Data Protection Act 2018.
HealthTech Ireland does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you provide to us (for example by emailing us, booking an event through our website and submitting feedback through our website). This personal data may include:
- your name, address, contact details (including your phone number and email address;
- your bank account details and / or credit card details;
- any other personal data that you provide to us or that we generate about you in connection with your use of this website.
Purposes of processing and legal basis
We will use personal data relating to you for the purposes of:
- responding to any queries that you have submitted to us via the website;
- signing you up to our information bulletins when you request subscription through our website;
- processing applications submitted through the website;
- marketing the services provided by HealthTech Ireland including sending you promotional materials. This is subject to any preferences that you express to us. You can opt out of receiving promotional materials from us at any time by contacting email@example.com;
- improving the use of our website including generating and analysing statistics regarding usage of this website, including the frequency of use of individual pages (where possible, personal data will be anonymised before being used for this purpose);
- we may occasionally share membership data with partner organisations from time to time, e.g. when promoting/marketing our Annual Conference or our Annual Industry Awards but the information we would provide would be strictly limited and subject to a non-disclosure agreement where appropriate;
The legal basis on which we process your personal data are that this is necessary for:
- our legitimate business interests being provision of information and professional advice on the health care delivery landscape in Ireland and representing the industry to government, as well as marketing and promoting HealthTech Ireland’s services;
- the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; and/or
- where we need to comply with our legal and/or regulatory obligations .
We will always include an unsubscribe button in our communications, so you can opt out or withdraw your consent to receiving such communications at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to your opt out or withdrawal of consent.
When you visit our website, we collect technical information including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices which you use to access this website (‘Technical Data’). We may also gather usage data including information about how you use our website and services.
Who we share your Personal Data with
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with this website, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers;
- to professional advisers and to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law; and
- will it be disclosed to any other parties, eg, analytics service providers, digital.
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law.
You have the following rights under the GDPR, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data: you have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification: you have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information, you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing: you have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability: you have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format.
- Right to complain to the Data Protection Commissioner: should be made in writing and addressed to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or The Data Protection Commissioner, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois.
In order to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at the contact details at the bottom of this privacy notice.
There are no special risks of a breach of the security of the network identified.
If we are processing personal data based on your consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing which took place prior to its withdrawal.
We do not use automated decision making or profiling.
If you have any queries or complaints in connection with our processing of your personal data, or any of the practices employed by HealthTech Ireland or your dealings with this site you can contact us at email@example.com
This privacy statement does not cover any links within this site linking to other websites. Where there is another website, you should ensure to read their privacy notice.
We may update this policy from time to time. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.